Did you know that 1 in 3 people lack access to clean and safe drinking water? At ettiude we believe in creating comfort without sacrificing the planet. We believe in social justice. We believe all should have access to health, happiness and basic human needs. We believe in the difference one person, one team and one company can make in the lives of others.
At ettitude, we conserve water as a precious resource
Easy access to clean water is a basic human right. It is one of the many reasons we prioritize making water-saving products. Our non-toxic, closed-loop production system reuses water up to 200 times, recycling 98% of it in the process. Our inaugural Impact Report found that when compared to a cotton sheet set, our signature sheet sets use 500x less water. That’s 8,189 gallons—as much as 93 Americans use in a day!
We believe in not just reducing our impact, but doing good in the world
That’s why we’re enabling access to clean water in partnership with charity: water.
charity: water believes that sustainable work is locally-led. Along with implementing community-owned water projects, their local partners help facilitate comprehensive water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programming to protect everyone’s long-term health.
Through our partnership, we’ve brought water to schools in rural areas of Nepal, where clean water is a luxury. When we think of Nepal, we think of the beautiful Himalayan Mountains, deep valleys and richly flowing streams. But we don’t normally think about how this mountainous terrain may inhibit residents’ access to water sources. In many areas, women and children spend up to two hours each day collecting water for their families. For others, access to water is just not possible.
In conjunction with NEWAH (Nepal Water for Health), we are helping to change this by funding the infrastructure and execution of piped water systems called tap stands in rural school areas. These innovative systems are kind of like water fountains that rely on gravity and solar-powered systems to purify and deliver clean water to rural households, schools and clinics. After the systems are installed, community-elected caretakers are trained to handle routine maintenance and basic repairs.
Ready to do your part? Here are 7 easy ways you can help conserve water
You too can make a difference in protecting our clean water supply. Try to incorporate 3-4 of these simple tips into your every day to make a personal impact.
- Brush, brush, brush those teeth but turn off the faucet while you do so.
- Fix a running toilet or leaky faucet.
- Carry a reusable water bottle like this to avoid purchasing bottled water that only gets half consumed. Bonus: You will also cut down on plastic consumption.
- Shorten your showers to 10 minutes. Bonus: Shorter showers are better for your skin health and you can get into your ettitude Waffle Robe even quicker.
- Only use the washing machine when you have a full load of laundry.
- Use the dishwasher and not your hands when washing dishes. Believe it or not, the dishwasher saves an average of 20 gallons per washing session.
- Buy consciously. Purchase products from brands like ettitude that prioritize saving water.
Putting it mildly, ensuring that all have access to clean water is a big endeavor that requires solving many systemic issues. However, every time you think twice about your water consumption—and that of the products you enjoy—you’re doing your part too, and for that we truly thank you.