11 reasons to choose bamboo
When you sleep on CleanBamboo™, our proprietary bamboo lyocell fabric, you are sleeping on one of the softest, most sustainable bedding options, thoughtfully crafted from 100% organic bamboo. Considered to be a renewable resource, not only does bamboo turn into a silky-soft fabric, it’s full of natural benefits for your hair, skin and the environment.
Read on to find out more why we source our bedding from organic bamboo.
- Bamboo is a renewable resource. It’s one the fastest regenerating plants in the world, growing as quickly as 47.6 inches in a 24-hour period.
- Bamboo has an impressive yield. Bamboo grows in a much denser area and regenerates without needing to be replanted. This means it can yield 20 times more timber than trees over the same area.
- Bamboo cleans the air. It produces 40% more oxygen than a hardwood forest on the same amount of land, playing an important role in our ecosystem by maintaining the balance between oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- Bamboo prevents soil erosion. Because of its widespread root system and large canopy, bamboo greatly reduces rain runoff, which helps to prevent soil erosion.
- Bamboo is “naturally organic.” Bamboo grows like a weed (anyone with bamboo in their yard can confirm this fact!) and doesn’t require pesticides, fertilizers or irrigation to help it on its way. This gives it a big eco advantage over traditional fabrics like cotton, which require the intensive use of pesticides & irrigation.
The benefits of organic bamboo sheets
- It’s feathery soft and comfortable. Bamboo yarn is much finer than cotton yarn, which means that a standard 300 thread count in bamboo is the equivalent of 1000 thread count of the finest cotton sheets.
- It regulates temperature. Keeping your body at a cool temperature while you sleep is crucial for gaining a good night’s rest. Because of the structure of the bamboo fiber, when weaved into fabric, it creates more natural gaps for the air to flow between one side of the fabric to the other. Heat is able to pass more easily between your body and the air outside the fabric, keeping you cool throughout the night.
- It is hypoallergenic. If you have skin sensitivities or allergies, chances are you have found yourself awake in the middle of the night itching and uncomfortable. Dust mites are one of the most common household allergens, and they love to burrow in bedding. Bamboo fibers are favoured by many who are allergic to dust mites due to their natural hypoallergenic qualities.
- It is the vegan and animal-friendly choice for luxury. Often considered vegan silk, bamboo sheets are made cruelty-free, so you can sleep peacefully knowing no animals were harmed to make your comfy bamboo sheets.
- It is one step closer to true beauty sleep. The naturally silky-smooth and feathery-soft texture of pure organic bamboo protects your delicate skin and hair against any irritation. Unlike other traditional bedding materials that might cause your hair to knot and get staticky, bamboo’s smooth texture keeps your locks tamed, soft and tangle-free.
- Not all bamboo sheets are created equal. The production process used to make your bamboo bedding will determine the carbon footprint and toxicity of the final product. Thanks to our proprietary process, CleanBamboo™ is a breakthrough in eco-forward fabrics. Whilst previous generations such as viscose and rayon use harsh chemicals, our CleanBamboo™ is fabricated utilizing non-toxic chemicals and a closed-loop system that recycles and reuses water to minimize waste.
Now it’s your turn to try it yourself. Enjoy our 30 night Sleep Trial on your first bedding order. If you’re not completely satisfied, return it for a full refund, no strings attached.
[…] of our products are made from bamboo. Whilst you may have noticed an increase in the use of bamboo fabric over the past few years, many people are still wondering what the benefits of bamboo are. We’ve […]
[…] to flexibility while drying which make the bamboo an easy material to iron. And do not steam since bamboo fabric is quite […]
[…] for those who choose to buy organic fabrics and clothes, it is necessary to take proper care of the clothing. In this regard, it is helpful to […]