Only 24 companies of the Fortune 500 are led by women, and that’s unacceptable. But as conscious consumers, we have the ability to influence. We can tip the scales by choosing to buy from female lead companies.
At Ettitude (the vegan silk maker) Our team is predominantly female and strengthened by its ethnic diversity. The company is lead by female immigrants, now proudly based in Los Angeles: Phoebe Yu and Kat Dey.
We want to support other companies who are historically disadvantaged, and here is a list of some of our favorites:
Female-owned brands list
- Milo + Nicki – Earth-friendly, cruelty-free clothing made from banana fabric.
- Tonlé – clothing made from fair-trade, sustainable textiles – also waste-free, uses leftover fabric scraps, 100% recycled packaging, and handmade production practices that require no machinery or electricity. https://www.madetrade.com/collections/tonle
- Tree – home furniture pieces made from recyclable materials. https://tree.co/
- Flora and Fauna – offers shoppers a range of cruelty-free, vegan, eco-friendly and all-around sustainable products to help them lead a better life (including bamboo toothbrushes, vegan makeup brushes, reusable straws, etc.) https://www.floraandfauna.com.au/
- The Clean Collective – marketplace for sustainable purchases in Australia. https://thecleancollective.com/
- Altar – clothes made from organic and naturally dyed textiles, as well as deadstock fabrics and American-milled textiles when possible. Also committed to sustainable job creation for women and ensures all employees earn living wages. https://www.madetrade.com/collections/altar
- Audrey Weaves – jewelry using materials that are natural & ethically sourced. https://www.madetrade.com/collections/audrey-weaves
- Raven + Lily – clothing, accessories and jewelry brand with a team which includes 1,500 women from economically challenged countries who all gain access to a sustainable income, health care, education, and a chance to break the cycle of poverty. https://ravenandlily.com/
- EVERYBODY – fashion line made from 100% recycled fabrics, championing fair wages and textile sustainability. https://everybody.world/
- Mejuri – ethically sourced, fine-crafted jewelry, without the traditional retail markups. https://mejuri.com/about-us
- LXMI – organic and fair-trade skin care. https://lxmi.com/
- SÜK Workwear – gender-inclusive and vegan work clothes.
- Most Prominent Co. – ethically produced streetwear using organic cotton. https://www.mostprominent.co/
- Selva Negra – sustainably made clothing with zero-waste packaging.
- S’well – sustainable water bottles, fastest growing woman-owned company in the US. https://www.swellbottle.com/
- Real Techniques – 100% cruelty free makeup brushes. https://realtechniques.com/
- Eco Tools – makeup brushes with recyclable bamboo handles and tree-free paper packaging. https://ecotools.com/story
- Beauty Bakerie – vegan, cruelty free and paraben free beauty products. https://www.beautybakerie.com/
- Mented – vegan, paraben-free, non-toxic and cruelty free lipsticks. https://www.mentedcosmetics.com/pages/ourstory
- Kaike – natural, vegan, and preservative-free skincare products that encourage a celebration of our natural beauty. https://www.shopkaike.com/pages/our-story
- Ginger + Liz – vegan friendly and toxin-free nail lacquer. https://www.gingerandliz.com/behind-the-brand
- Foxie Cosmetics – handmade vegan cosmetics & bath products that ease chronic illness pains. https://foxiecosmetics.com/about