Bamboo is having its moment in the spotlight as a great sustainable resource, but many ask why? If you’re like us, you strive to be eco-friendly and make sustainable choices because you know the small things add up to a greater sum than their parts. Improving our world starts with us, as we focus on the goal of a better planet for all living things.
There are many benefits of bamboo fabric when used for bedding, bed sheets, pillowcases, and let’s not forget pajamas and towels.
Here’s our list of why we love bamboo, bamboo fabric, and the organic bamboo sheets made from sustainable bamboo (and we know you’ll love it too).
Hint: There are many benefits of bamboo fabric – It’s not only good for you, it’s also good for the planet.
Why we love bamboo plants
- Bamboo is a renewable resource. It’s one of the fastest regenerating plants in the world and can grow as quickly as 47.6 inches in 24 hours. That’s over 3 feet in a day.
- Bamboo doesn’t require a lot of land to grow a lot. Bamboo has an impressive yield. It grows in dense areas, meaning it doesn’t need a lot of space to produce a large crop, and bamboo regenerates without being replanted. It can yield 20 times more timber than trees in the same amount of space.
- Bamboo cleans the air. Bamboo produces 40% more oxygen than a hardwood forest on the same amount of land. As a result, it plays a vital role in our ecosystem by maintaining the balance between oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- Bamboo prevents soil erosion. Because of bamboo’s widespread root system and large canopy, bamboo greatly reduces rain runoff, preventing soil erosion.
- Bamboo vs. Cotton. Bamboo is “naturally organic.” Bamboo grows like a weed (anyone with bamboo in their yard can confirm this fact!) and doesn’t require pesticides, fertilizers or irrigation to grow quickly, giving it a significant eco advantage over traditional fabrics like cotton, which require the use of pesticides, and a significant amount of land and irrigation.
Learn more about the most efficient plant on earth: bamboo.
Bamboo Fabric Benefits (And Why We Love Sustainable Bamboo Bedding)
- Delicate on your skin and hair. The naturally silky-smooth, feathery-soft texture of pure organic bamboo fabric protects sensitive skin against irritation and hair from frizzing.. Unlike traditional bedding materials that can cause hair to knot or frizz and get staticky, bamboo fabric’s smooth texture keeps curly, straight, wavy hair and everything in between tame, soft, and tangle-free. If you have skin sensitivities or eczema, chances are you’ve found yourself awake in the middle of the night itchy and uncomfortable. The soft fabric is gentle on skin and hair—just one reason CleanBamboo™ is the perfect answer for bed sheets and pillowcases.
- Silky-soft and comfortable. Bamboo yarn is much finer than cotton yarn, which means that a standard 300 thread count in bamboo fabric is the equivalent of 1000 thread count of the finest cotton sheets. The way organic bamboo sateen is woven makes it feel like silk, which is why it is sometimes referred to as “vegan silk.”
- Regulates temperature. Keeping your body at a cool temperature while you sleep is crucial to have a good night’s rest. Because of the bamboo fiber structure, when weaved into the bamboo fabric, it creates more natural gaps for the air to flow from one side of the fabric to the other. Heat can pass more easily between your body and the air outside the fabric, keeping you cool and dry throughout the night.
- Hypoallergenic. Dust mites are one of the most common household allergens, and they love to burrow in bedding. But bamboo is naturally hypoallergenic, meaning our naturally luxurious fabric is not an adequate home for dust mites. Another benefit of bamboo sheets and why it’s chosen by people with allergies.
- Vegan and animal-friendly choice for luxury. Often considered vegan silk, bamboo sheets are cruelty-free, so you can sleep peacefully knowing no animals were harmed to make your comfy bamboo bedding, towels, robes, PJs, and more.
Now that you understand the benefits of bamboo, it’s worth noting that not all bamboo sheets are created equal. The production process used to make bamboo bedding determines its carbon footprint and the toxicity of the final product. With ettitude’s proprietary, innovative closed-loop process, CleanBamboo™ was born. A breakthrough in eco-forward fabrics. While viscose and rayon use harsh chemicals, CleanBamboo™ is made using non-toxic chemicals and a closed-loop system that recycles and reuses water to minimize waste.
When you sleep on CleanBamboo™, our signature bamboo sateen fabric, you’re sleeping on one of the softest, most sustainable bedding options, thoughtfully crafted from 100% organic bamboo. Enjoy our 30-night Sleep Trial on your first bedding order. If you’re not completely satisfied, return it for a full refund, no strings attached.