Bamboo bedding and clothing have many advantages over cotton. Many consumers would never know the difference between the materials unless they were reading the tags. This is because bamboo looks and feels similar to cotton, but it is very different. It can offer many things that cotton, and most other textiles, cannot.
- Bamboo is completely eco-friendly. It is a renewable resource that grows quickly without pesticides. In fact, in many places bamboo is considered a weed. It grows so fast that it can be harvested once every three years.
- The bamboo material is very soft once it is spun. Many compare its softness to silk or cashmere. Who knew that a wood used to make flooring could be so soft?
- Natural bamboo is hypoallergenic and antibacterial. It resists mold, mildew and odor. These properties make it great for people with sensitive skin.
- Bamboo is very absorbent. It will wick moisture away from the body while providing adequate ventilation that is much better than cotton. It will keep you cool in warm weather, but warm in cool weather.
- Bamboo reflects the sun’s UV rays. This makes bamboo clothing safe to wear out in the sun. Up to 94% of UVA and 97% of UVB rays are reflected by the fibers.
- Bamboo fiber is very durable and odor resistant. It will last a long time with repeated washes and can go longer between washes.
Bamboo offers many advantages over cotton and other types of clothing and bedding material. When given the choice, bamboo is more cost-effective and will last a lot longer than cotton.